ExELL™ FORGEROD is a modified 4330 alloy round stock intended for use as hammer press cylinder rods. The alloy chemistry offers impact toughness and fatigue resistance. Supplied as rough turned rounds with tolerance for finishing.
Ellwood Specialty Steel has material in stock for immediate delivery to meet your need for replacement forge hammer rods. This quenched and tempered alloy steel is ideal for a rugged, demanding application and offers:
- Rockwell hardness of HRc 38 – 42
- Manufactured with clean steel melting practice
- Heavy forge reduction guarantees sound centers
- Impact toughness and hardness levels for maximum fatigue resistance
- Rough turned diameters with tolerance ready for finishing
- Diameters available from 6 inches to 20 inches